Beach camping is one of the most fun and adventurous ways to go out for camping. Amidst the sun, the sand and the water, anyone can totally unwind and relax with their loved ones.
A beach not only offers several options to enjoy but also to be close to nature and away from the madness of city life. But in order to make the most of your beach camping outing, there are some dos and don’ts that you must follow and below given is the list of the same:
Dos of Beach Camping
- Take enough change of clothes-it is very important to take enough change of clothes because you can’t wait for your wet clothes to dry out easily, especially if you don’t have enough facilities around. Carry double the number of underclothes as the number of days you plan to stay.
- Enjoy sun bathing and water sports-make sure you enjoy all kinds of adventures a beach has to offer. Relax and unwind by going for sun bathing sessions and also try to make the most of the water sports options available to you.
- Put a lot of sunscreen lotion-to avoid getting sun burnt or skin rashes, make sure you apply a lot of sunscreen lotion on yourself, even before stepping into the water. Make sure you carry enough of it as you will definitely need more than you think.
Don’ts of Beach Camping
- Do not wander off in the night-a beach and the strong currents of water can be dangerous during the night time and it is advisable not to wander off alone and without a torch. If you are carrying a cell phone, keep it with you even if you plan to go just a slight distance from your campsite.
- Do not miss out on some swimming-a beach camping trip is not just about the sun and sand but is also a great opportunity to swim out in the ocean. If you know how to swim, then it is advisable that you experience swimming in clear waters but avoid going too far inside.
- Don’t rely on fresh fish or sea food-it is better to be prepared with your food options rather than completely relying on catching fish or other seafood options. You must always carry your cooking gear and other food items like packaged foods or ready to eat foods.